Birmingham sedation dentist Dr. Paul Koch offers sedation dentistry to ease the anxiety and fear some patients have when first getting back to the dentist.
Though fear of the dentist has been joked about by many, it’s no laughing matter. Serious dental issues can arise from dental neglect. Dr. Koch and his team near the Mountain Brook community have invested the time, resources and energy needed to offer top-quality dentistry in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.
Dr. Paul Koch offers two primary sedation techniques in Birmingham: laughing gas and oral conscious sedation.
Laughing gas is mixed with oxygen and inhaled by a patient to provide the relaxing effects that will help remove anxiety during your visit. Laughing gas is administered in our dental office near Mountain Brook via a breathing mask.
LAUGHING GAS BENEFITS
- A huge a benefit of laughing gas is the ability to drive yourself to and from our office.
- Laughing gas is safe, having been used hundreds of thousands of times with consistently positive results.
- No needles! If you hate needles, you’ll love the needle free administration of laughing gas
ORAL CONSCIOUS SEDATION
Oral conscious sedation is a sedative administered in pill form and puts the patient in a state of complete relaxation. Though oral conscious sedation is a huge comfort to our patients in the surrounding areas of Mountain Brook and makes it possible for them to receive the treatment they otherwise would not, oral conscious sedation does require that you have a ride to and from the dentist.
ORAL CONSCIOUS SEDATION BENEFITS
- Oral conscious sedation is powerful enough to help our most anxious patients get the care they need.
- Oral conscious sedation is also safe and has helped many overcome their fear of the dentist.
- No needles needed with oral conscious sedation either. The treatment is as simple as taking a pill.
Sedation dentistry is a game changer for many when it comes to dentistry. We’d love to provide the quality dental care you need in a relaxed and comfortable environment! Call to schedule a visit today.